HOW TO BUILD MUSCLES & KEEP THEM
The mindset to keep the mass of muscle you build serves you better than gaining 10 pounds in 4 weeks and then losing it as quickly.
You can gain 10 pounds in 4 weeks. That is not a problem. The challenge is in building muscle mass fast and then keeping it for a long time.
A wolverine doesn’t build muscles to go on a hunt on weekends. It has the muscles to hunt every night for a lifetime.
There are a few basic principles that could help you build muscle fast and keep them. One of them is hormonal activation.
The process of building muscle is adaptation that happens when you replace smaller muscle fibers with larger ones. You have different types of muscle fibers in your body. The ones that give you mass are type II fast twitch muscle fibers. These muscle fibers do not even bother getting involved with light activities. They only get involved when you try to reach your maximum effort.
At this high-intensity effort, several things will happen.
- You release of your natural growth hormones which signal the body to build thicker and stronger type ll muscle fibers to replace the ones that you just tore up.
- Your body needs the right nutrients to build the muscles.
- Your impatience to force your body to respond quickly caused injury or removes the rest, recovery and building part of this process.
Muscle building workout plans have six basic parts.
- Begin with understanding and recording your upper limits of strength.
- Choose exercises that engage your largest muscles and with the largest ratio of type ll fibers.
- Workout at intensity levels close to your maximum limits of strength without injuring yourself.
- Progressively increase the intensity of your workouts to match your increased strengths.
- Provide the nutrients in the right combination for your body to build muscles and not fat.
- Rest long enough for your body to recover and build.